Advising business owners with great care and experience.
During any business’ life cycle, various structures evolve which may not prove suitable to the circumstances in which business owners may find themselves.
The circumstances may be as simple as moving from a partnership or sole trader business to a limited company, or as complex as restructuring a group of limited companies into separate ownership.
We have been advising business owners in this area for many years, and have been involved in most aspects of private company and business planning. Reducing taxation is not the only issue in considering whether a structure is particularly relevant, and a careful and experienced eye needs to be cast over the future plans of the business, to ensure that any changes are closely thought through. We have seen many instances where an initial tax saving is proposed, but no consideration has been given to the flexibility of the future legal structure.
Restructuring can take a number of forms including:
- Transferring a sole trader business to the company
- Transferring a partnership to a limited liability entity
- Creating a group of companies from a number of divisions and branches
- Hiving up businesses from unwanted subsidiaries, to simplify group structures
- Breaking up groups of companies into different ownerships, for example, prior to a corporate sale
We work with a number of experienced legal professionals in this area, and are happy to discuss whether any restructuring of your existing business may have some commercial or taxation advantage.
Please feel free to give us a call for a no obligation discussion on the subject.